List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Problem upgrading evince on SuSE 10.2
From:       Murray Trainer <mtrainer () central-data ! net>
Date:       2008-01-08 3:26:47

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 11:24 +0900, Murray Trainer wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:21 -0800, Des Dougan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 12:36 +0900, Murray Trainer wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is still an issue for me - I can't find any solutions.  I can't see
> > > the point of having a newer stable release of Evolution for Suse 10.2 if
> > > there are unresolvable dependency issues with KDE apps.  I can't really
> > > give our users Evolution if the print-preview is broken.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > Murray,
> >
> > I had a problem like this a month or so back. I wasn't upgrading Evo,
> > just trying to keep up to date with SuSE updates, and had the
> > libpoppler/evince dependency issue. As I didn't want to mess about with
> > it, given it was my standard SuSE, I left it for a few days hoping the
> > SuSE people would resolve it. This is what happened for me. FYI, my
> > evince and poppler versions are:
> >
> > des-toshiba:~ # rpm -qa |grep evince
> > evince-0.6.1-22.2
> > des-toshiba:~ # rpm -qa |grep libpoppler
> > des-toshiba:~ # rpm -qa |grep poppler
> > poppler-0.5.4-33.5
> > poppler-glib-0.5.4-33.5
> > poppler-qt-0.5.4-33.5
> >
> > Not sure if this helps you any...
> >

> Hi Des,
>
> I have the same evince and poppler rpm's as you listed above.  Did you
> get around the problem or is your print preview in Evolution broken like
> me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Murray

Hi,

I managed to sort out the problem.  I downgraded poppler and poppler-qt
to the ones below:

poppler-0.5.4-20.i586.rpm
poppler-qt-0.5.4-20.i586.rpm

and installed the latest related rpm's from Gnome stable evince now
installs without any issues.

A minor issue I noticed is that evince doesn't remove the temporary PDF
file.  I get an error like below:

** (evince:14668): WARNING **: Attempting to delete non local uri:
file:/home/mtrainer/tmp/evince-14668/document-0-previewUEKN4T.pdf

I am using the following evince rpm's:

evince-2.20.0-19.6
evince-lang-2.20.0-19.6

Regards