List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Gnome Keyring only storing 2 passwords
From:       Des Dougan <des () DouganConsulting ! com>
Date:       2007-01-30 3:05:36

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 20:29 -0600, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:
> Before submitting this as a bug, I thought I would check here first.
> After a quick search of the archives, I have found some various threads
> already involving gnome keyring[1][2][3][4], however all of those issues
> relate to Evolution not being able to access the keyring at all, the
> keyring daemon not being started, etc., which is not my problem.
>
> My Evolution can access the gnome keyring just fine, however it can only
> seem to ever store a maximum of two passwords in it at any given time.
> My current setup involves two mail accounts, each with a POP3 password
> and an SMTP password, thus a total of 4 passwords.  If I check mail on
> both accounts, Evolution prompts for and stores in the keyring the two
> POP3 passwords required.  It continues to retrieve mail fine with the
> stored passwords until I send mail from either account.  When I send
> mail, Evolution prompts for the SMTP password, stores it, and drops one
> of the POP3 passwords.  I can continue to send mail from the account
> previously used and it works fine using the stored password, however if
> I want to send from the other account or check mail for the account
> who's POP3 password it dropped, it prompts for those passwords and drops
> others.  Essentially, it's only storing the last two passwords that I've
> actually used.
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem?  I originally thought this may be
> a problem with gnome keyring and have nothing to do with Evolution, but
> searches along those lines have turned up nothing.
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution-list@gnome.org/msg05173.html
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution-list@gnome.org/msg05042.html
> [3] http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution-list@gnome.org/msg04036.html
> [4] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2006-12/msg01728.html

Dustin,

I had the keyring problem, which I got past via use of pam_keyring -
your problem is one I didn't come across when I was researching the
issue I had. Are you using pam_keying? I posted a short procedure on 12
Jan to this list, if that helps.

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support