List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Configuration export/import
From:       "Andrew Stevens" <ats37 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-25 8:39:21

>From: "Maxim Jankov" <golergka@gmail.com>
>Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 02:44:59 +0300
>
>2006/11/25, Andrew Stevens <ats37@hotmail.com>:
>>
>> >From: "Maxim Jankov" <golergka@gmail.com>
>> >Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:57:10 +0300
>> >
>> >How can I import configuration and e-mails from previous linux
>> >installation?
>> >Simple folder copying hasn't worked...
>>
>>Did you copy the gconf-based settings as well, or just the [.]evolution
>>folder?
>>

>>Andrew.
>>

>I guess I hasn't. I don't even know what it is :(

Check the archives for the recent thread on "Restoring mail etc. to
Evolution".  Basically, there's various settings under .gconf/apps/evolution
that will also need to be copied.  Although, when I did that the various
accounts & identities still didn't appear, but I figured that was just
because I was upgrading version (1.x to 2.6) as well as transferring the
data.  Fortunately, the settings files are readable, so I just opened up the
old ones in gedit and created them again in the new version.  Everything
else appears to be present.

Andrew.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/