List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] 1.5.9.1 change icons.
From:       Robert Lindgren <robert () orcafat ! com>
Date:       2004-06-28 9:08:37

Not Zed wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 09:35 +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>Is it possible to exchange the large (24x24) icons with 16x16 icons in
>>the toolbar?
>>
>>How do I get rid of the toolbar in the compose window, and the
>>formatting bar which I never need, It just takes up a lot of space.
>>
> Theres some tool in the control centre which lets you set whether the
> toolbars use small icons or no icons at all (which is what i use).
> Toolbars perhaps.  It sets some gconf key or something.

Yes but I figure this will change the settings for all gnome apps, which is
quite ok, since I don't use any :)

>>Regarding space. Since I mainly use kde apps, I'm astonished by how big
>>all widgets are in gtk, didn't find any theme that made them smaller.
>>For example the mail,contacts,calendars,tasks buttons in the left bottom
>>of the app takes up 35 px (on the height) and would only need about
>>20px, the same is true for the buttons in the toolbar, takes up about
>>32px and would only need a bit more than 24, if 24 icons are use, which
>>I don't want.
>>
> I don't know why the buttons down the bottom don't honour the normal
> toolbar settings, something about them not really being a toolbar or
> some such.  At least turning off the icons would make it smaller.

Yes but still the take up excessive amount of valuable screen space. I want to
read emails. I don't want to look at big buttons.

>>I of cause understand that it might be preferable for some people to
>>have bigger widgets, but please give me some guidelines on how to make
>>them smaller. And no I'm not running evolution on a 640x480 screen
>>(1920x1200 in fact).
>>
> You can't, its all hardcoded as per HIG guidelines, or something.  I
> like it as much as you do ... *shrug*

Hmm ok, I guess there is a reason why I don't use gnome apps....

Best regards
/Robert