List:       evolution
Subject:    Re: [Evolution] Blank From - blank Subject - ? Date - Problem
From:       "John J. Foster" <festus () frognet ! net>
Date:       2004-01-28 23:24:03

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 21:56, John J. Foster wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> Am currently running Evolution 1.4.5 on Fedora Core 1 with both the
> standard Redhat kernel and a generic 2.6.1 kernel. Evolution has worked
> flawlessly for months, until a few evenings ago. I use both an IMAP
> connection (from home) and a web based interface (from work) to my ISP.
>
> I am now getting emails with blank "From" and "Subject" fields and with
> a "?" mark in the "Date" field via the IMAP connection in the Header
> pane. All email shows the correct size. The "From, Subject and Date"
> fields all show correctly in the Preview pane and when opening the mail.
> They are only blank during "Header" display via IMAP. (Headers show just
> fine on the web-based connection).
>
> This makes it impossible to determine what to delete off the server and
> what to download for further reading. I am still on a 28.8 modem
> connection, so I must make server-side determinations if I don't want to
> wait forever and download garbage.
>
> I temporarily configured Kmail and it shows the Header pane properly,
> but I really don't like the application.
>
> I've uninstalled and re-installed Evo via rpm - didn't help.
> I tried moving the evolution sudirectory and letting it be re-created -
> didn't help.
> This affects all users on this machine.
>
> Please help !
>
> Thanks,
> John J. Foster

This has been solved. My ISP had changed their IMAP server to BincIMAP
v1.2.5. This was a known problem with that version, but, after I
contacted the developer, found there was a patch available. The ISP
applied it and now all is right in email land.

Thanks for all you help.
John
--
pgp/gnupg public key is available at a newsstand near you
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF0CD2D0E