List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Expanding volume and xfs-filesystem
From:       Steve Dobbelstein <steved () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2009-08-28 15:46:45

Bernward Platz <Bernward.Platz@clucon.de> wrote on 08/27/2009 01:40:29 AM:

> Hi Steve,
>
> thank you very much for you answer! I did the expansion in the same
> way you described. But there war something strange: During the
> expansion I have seen in the process table a
>
> fsck.ex3 and then

> resize2fs
>
> I can not understand this. the emvs gui display that the plugin of
> the volume is XFS and the volume is also mounted as XFS-filesystem.
>
> Can you help?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Bernward

Hi, Bernward.

I, too, cannot understand that.  Looking at the code I don't see an obvious
way that the xfs plug-in would launch ext3 utilities.  You may want to
check to make sure that fsck.ex3 and resize2fs are being launched by EVMS
an not by some other process by coincidence.  If you can reproduce the
problem it would be helpful to turn on debugging and look at the log file.
Run "evms[n,gui] -d debug" to set the debug level to "debug".  Once you
have reproduced the problem, look at /var/log/evms-engine.log.  It will
have a lot of information.  Search for "evms_commit_changes" to get to the
part where EVMS starts saving the changes.  Search for "resize2fs" to see
if it was EVMS that launched resize2fs, and if so which component of EVMS
did it.  If you need help looking at the log you can gzip it (it will be a
large file) and send it to me and I will take a look.

Steve D.