List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Please help: New system with old EVMS+BBR drives ?
From:       Adrian Phillips <adrian () phillipswik ! org>
Date:       2009-08-24 17:46:35

    Steven> Hi people I have a broken old system with 2x 250GB drives,
    Steven> in raid 1, with BBR on it.  Since the old system was a
    Steven> very trimmed down gentoo I couldn't boot it on other
    Steven> hardware, so I tried to recover the drives with a fresh
    Steven> debian etch install.

I would suggest dropping back to older releases - I've systems
installed with Debian, upgraded, then to Ubuntu which used EVMS and
now migrated to LVM2, where I had to keep using an older kernel to
begin with exactly because of this problem (no module support for some
EVMS "extensions"). I'd start with Debian sarge or an older Ubuntu
version, something before gutsy should do.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/