List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] news on evms develop?
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2008-09-15 8:18:16

On 2008-08-29T07:54:08, Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@nsn.com> wrote:

> > We have also added a new maintainer to keep the project going.  Tiziano
> > Müller, the EVMS maintainer on Gentoo Linux, has graciously volunteered to
> > step up as an EVMS maintainer and has already been contributing to the
> > project.  Thanks, Tiziano!.
> Great news. So somebody needs to tell the Debian people that they declared the
> projects death a little bit too early :-)

I wouldn't say so.

EVMS2 is not receiving active maintenance, and for example not being
ported to the openAIS cluster infrastructure - SLE11 will also drop
EVMS2 in favor of LVM2.

Steve is doing a great job which is appreciated, but somehow, EVMS2
simply never got the traction it needed.

Regards,
    Lars