List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] [Evms-cluster] Access to EVMS volumes with CSM
From:       Maximilian Wilhelm <max () rfc2324 ! org>
Date:       2008-07-17 22:32:01

Anno domini 2008 Thomas Guyot-Sionnest scripsit:

Hi!

Sorry for the really long delay, I've been occupied with other
projects.

[EVMS CSM does not activate volumes when only one node is active]
> I'm using EVMS CSM's in a 2-node Linux-HA cluster (Linux-HA v2.x with v1
> config) and I don't have any problem with single node. If one node
> gracefully quits (/etc/init.d/heartbeat shutdown) the other node keeps
> membership. If communication breaks the other node gets gets STONITH'ed
> instead (using both serial & udp for communication).

> Also if I start a node and it can't communicate with the other one it
> will STONITH it before taking resources. For that reason I don't start
> heartbeat on bootup to avoid possibility of broken communication causing
> nodes to kill each other in a round-robin way :)

Could you please share your configuration?
In my setup I don't use stonith as I have two Xen servers just sharing
a SAN LUN for storage, so I don't see a need for stonith.
I would just like to be able to use the EVMS cluster volumes on any
node at any time.

Thanks for your help!

Ciao
Max