List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] Accident: Converted RAID0 segment to LVM-PV, RAID0
From:       sludink () hotmail ! com
Date:       2008-01-10 11:45:51

Hi,

Recently, when trying to copy files from one evms tree to the other, this didn't \
work, probably because the two LVM containers I use have the same name. One of the \
evms trees was not recognized / visible while running EVMSn.

I have two segments, sda3 and sdb3 in RAID0 configuration using evms-2.5.5 - creating \
a RAID0 region MD0. I thought this was because EVMS needed to know one of the two \
segments, being sdb3 - was a PV. Therefore, I started EVMSn, and when it asked about \
'Is sda3 a PV or not?' I answered yes - where no would have been the right answer. \
After that, evms reported it got the size of the pv wrong, and this could be fixed. \
It asked me if this should be fixed, and I answered yes.

Now EVMS reports my RAID0 storage region is corrupt. It says it only has one segment \
when two are needed. Because /usr was in the LVM container residing on the RAID0 \
storage region which is corrupt no, I cannot entirely boot that machine anymore, \
typing on another one right now.

Can I still save this 'lost' RAID0 region? Is it possible to 'revert' how EVMS fixed \
the size of the PV? Is it possible to tell EVMS sdb3 is NOT a pv?

Any help appreciated!

Hans Kwint, the Netherlands