List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Renumbered MD arrays causes EVMS to fail
From:       "jason" <jbourne () excite ! com>
Date:       2007-09-13 19:40:28

Well I've finally solved my problem by doing the following :

* disconnected all my sata disks, to force my raid1 array to be recognized first as \
md0

* removed one disk from my raid1 array

* reformatted the disk to remove the fd partition

* copied all data from the degraded raid to this "new" disk

* tried installing grub on the new disk but had trouble doing it from a live system, \
so finally did it from a knoppix bootdisk

* through evms deleted my raid0 array and all volumes resting on it

* reconnected my sata disks which now are recognized as md0

Now everything works fine, although I've lost my raid1 array ;-(

but I could always rebuild it if I wasn't afraid of facing the same problems at some \
later time....