List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] EVMS newbie, help me!!
From:       Steve Dobbelstein <steved () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2007-07-20 15:43:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

"James Kelty" <jkelty@gmail.com> wrote on 07/19/2007 04:36:36 PM:

> Thanks for the reply. The LiveCD actually has evms_activate built
> into the initrd as  does our kernel. That is the thing that confuses
> me the most. Only the boot volume gets created correctly, but none
> of the others.
>
> I'm currently moving all of the data off of this system so I can
> rebuild, but I'd _really_ like to understand what happened that
> most/all of my volumes were not/could not be activated (although
> there doesn't seem to be anything in the logs about it.

The default log level is set to only record errors (the code determines=
 how
severe an error is; it is up to the author to add log entries when erro=
rs
are found and log them at the appropriate debug level).  If EVMS didn't=

find the objects that comprise a volume it may not log any errors since=

there was no error if an object didn't show up.

You could try changing the debug level to "debug", which would put more=

debug information into the log.  You would have to edit the init script=
 and
change the invocation of evms_activate to "evms_activate -d debug".

Steve D.=