List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] [ evms-Bugs-1652922 ] changing extent-size dropdown
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-02-06 4:45:28

Bugs item #1652922, was opened at 2007-02-06 00:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=383342&aid=1652922&group_id=25076

not just the latest update.
Category: GUI
Group: None

Initial Comment:
 I'm running the gtk1.2 evms-gui on AMD64 Ubuntu edgy.  The gui locks up when I go \
create->container->LVM2->sda5+sdb5, and then change the extent-size with the \
dropdown.  actually, the offending dropdown itself doesn't lock up, but the values in \
it are in kB, not the MB used in the dropdown entries.  Sounds like some confused GUI \
code to me.  BTW, locks up = nothing responds to clicks or keypresses, and the close \
button in the title bar doesn't do anything.  It still redraws itself when uncovered, \
though.  And like I said, the dropdown still "works".  None of the buttons on the \
dialog box do anything.  a ^C on the terminal I ran it from kills it just fine, and \
starting it again is fine too, until I try to create the container.  I'll try the \
cli, or maybe the ncurses ui.

 background: I'm running evms on Ubuntu AMD64 edgy.  (but I compiled the source \
package from feisty to get an evms-gui 2.5.5-18ubuntu .deb, because the gtk2 gui in \
edgy segfaults all the time.  I've made heavy use of the gtk1.2 gui while learning \
evms, and I haven't had any problems with it until now.  I'm a command line \
curmudgeon, but for rare tasks I like guis, esp after reading about the evms CLI in \
the nice docs, so I know what the GUI has to work with. :)   My system is already \
booting from /dev/evms/md/md0, with /usr and /home on evms LVM volumes...  It took a \
while to get GRUB hacked into place on a RAID1 root compatibility volume.  I'm \
getting off topic here, which is why I put the bug details up at the top.)

 Creating an LVM2 container normally works fine (e.g. for a smaller LVM2 on a RAID1). \
sda5 is ~430GB, and sdb5 is ~270GB.  (This home server is built to last, with some \
nice big hard drives :)

 Thanks,
Peter Cordes <peter@cordes.ca>