List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] Bug?: Minor numbers in true evms volumes are *not*
From:       Rainer Krienke <krienke () uni-koblenz ! de>
Date:       2007-01-09 11:49:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello,

in between I found a solution to the not persitent minor numbers of evms
volumes. The problem was that when these EVMS volumes are exported by NFS
changing minor numbers can result in an NFS client getting an NFS mount
without error but having the wrong contents (that of another share on the
server).

Someone gave me a hint that this problem can be solved by NFS exporting the
EVMS volumes using the "fsid" export option (man 5 exports). The options
value replaces the id that is else generated from the major/minor numbers of
a device exported by NFS. So minor device numbers are no longer important for
NFS.

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke@uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html