List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] evms snapshots not surviving reboot
From:       Luke Andrew <landrew () internode ! on ! net>
Date:       2007-01-05 10:16:34

I've moved my Ubuntu install over to a evms based setup as follows:

hda3 + sda -> LVM2 Container -> LVM2 Region -> root volume with Reiserfs

This all works fine, I can create snapshots, mount them and generally
mess with them. However, the snapshots dont survive a reboot.

The main reason I moved to evms/lvm was so I could create snapshots of
my root filesystem, boot from the snapshot and test things that may
screw things up (like the Ubuntu dapper->edgy dist-upgrade )

I was under the impression that snapshots are persistent by default. Am
I wrong or is there something else at work here? Is it ok to use LVM2
regions for snapshots?

Cheers,
    Luke