List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] 30 snapshot volume device node limit
From:       "Michael Yao" <m9230 () cn ! ee ! ccu ! edu ! tw>
Date:       2006-09-18 1:49:19

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:42:42 +0800, Michael Yao -«À§Ó¿² wrote

Hi, list

Sorry I did not made a good survey on the list.
The answer is in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=evms-devel&m=112699668724855&w=2

I tried to modify SNAPSHOT_PAGES in drivers/md/dm-snapshot.c from 256 to 64.
Then I can successfully take more than 30 snapshots in kernel 2.6.15 now.
I have 83 snapshots now and all successfully mounted.

My question is:
What is the Effect of changing SNAPSHOT_PAGES?
i.e. Changing "Each snapshot reserves this many pages for io" from 256 to 64.

Thanks,
Michael