List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Spare drive question
From:       Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2006-05-30 12:26:31

Mike Tran wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 10:42, Gabor HALASZ wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>How can I add a spare drive into my raid1 device or replace the dead
>>drive? I can't find this function in the gui or ncurses interface.
>

>>From the Storage Regions tab, bring up the context menu of the md
> region, you should see "Add spare to fix degraded array".  If not, make
> sure that you have an available object with size equal or greater than
> the smallest member of the raid1 array.

Hi!

The new drive is same type:

ga-k8nf-9-4:~# cat /sys/block/sda/device/model
ST3160812AS
ga-k8nf-9-4:~# cat /sys/block/sdb/device/model
ST3160812AS

I tried again, follow your instuctions: started evmsn, displayed the
Storage Regions (nr 3) screen, found the md device, bringed up the menu,
which contains four items:

Go to consuming container
Display details...
Display Object Tree...
Deactivate...

The new drive is empty, no partitions or others. The array contains only
  two drive. The Available Object (nr 1) list the new drive as available
object (sda_bbr). I think, this behaviour caused by my configuration, I
can't created any partition on the disk; I added the Bad Block
Relocation manager, add mirrored them, then I created the lvm2 container
on it.

ps

Sorry for my english :)

--