List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] reiserfs and external journal
From:       Kevin Corry <kevcorry () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2006-03-15 15:20:41

On Tue March 14 2006 9:46 am, Jure Pečar wrote:
> I found out that if I manually mkreiserfs an evms volume or if I use
> "Make filesystem" via evms interface, evms recognizes the resulting
> filesystem properly and assings reiserfs fsim to it.
>
> However, if I create a reiserfs with external journal by running
> mkreiserfs -J /dev/<journaldev>, evms does not recognize the filesystem
> on that volume as reiserfs, so I cannot do any online expand and such.
> Is this a bug?

I'd say it's an unimplemented feature. :)  Right now the Reiser plugin simply
doesn't know to look for external journals. Oddly, the JFS and XFS plugins do
discover external journals, so I'm not sure why this wasn't added to the
Reiser plugin. I've added this to my to-do list.

Thanks,
--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com