List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] raid5 online expand
From:       Mike Tran <mhtran () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2006-01-17 15:44:26

Good news!!! The Kernel MD maintainer just dropped some patches for the
latest 2.6 kernel to implement raid5 online expand.  The code is
experimental.

I will add the following item to my EVMS todo list:  If the kernel
allows online expand, let the kernel handle the actual reshaping I/O
operations.

--
Regards,
Mike T.