List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] MD Linear and Raid-0 level
From:       Kevin Corry <kevcorry () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-12-06 13:28:00

Hi Susmitha,

On Monday 06 December 2004 4:48 am, susmitha wrote:
> After creating MD linear or Raid-0 level, in /proc/mdstat those devices
> are not appearing.In Evms it is showing correctly.Will it be a problem
> while loading kernel modules?I saw using lsmod in that there are no
> raid0 and linear modules.i am not getting why it is not showing in
> /proc/mdstat.

EVMS uses Device-Mapper for activating RAID-Linear and RAID-0 device. We only
use the MD driver for RAID-1 and RAID-5. So you won't see RAID-Linear or
RAID-0 devices show up in /proc/mdstat. You will be able to see them if you
run "dmsetup ls", and you can get additional in-kernel info about them using
other dmsetup commands.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com