List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Re: lvm1 on large raid0, issue with 2.4.1
From:       Kevin Corry <kevcorry () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-12-06 4:26:26

Hi Mike,

On Sunday 05 December 2004 18:00, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I applied your patch but the same silent failure occurs when I try to
> create the LVM2 container on a region > 1TB.  I've tried it using a SUSE
> SLES9 2.6.5 kernel and a k.org 2.6.9 kernel.  But based on your patch
> maybe there are other places that size conversions are happening?
>
> I can create an lvm2 container using sdn and sdo, a Raid0 region, or a
> Raid5 region when they are sufficiently small (e.g. < 1TB)... but when I
> try to create an lvm2 container using a region that is larger than 1TB it
> just silently fails.

Please try the test again (with > 1TB PV), using "-d debug" logging level,
both during the creation and again the next time you run EVMS to try to
discover the new container. Send me gzipped copies of both of those logs and
I'll see if I can track down where the other size conversions are taking
place.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com