List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] doubts
From:       Kevin Corry <kevcorry () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 15:54:03

Hi Susmitha,

On Friday 29 October 2004 6:18 am, susmitha wrote:
> Can I know what are the sparedisks , chunksize and algorithm for a
> partitcular existing Raid device using Evms Cli command.

query:ei,md/md0,superblock

This will give you all the information from the RAID superblock for the md/md0
region. The "chunk_size" entry gives you the chunk-size in bytes. The
"layout" entry gives you the parity algorithm (for RAID-5 only). The
"spare_disks" field gives you the number of spare disks. The
"disk #state" field (where # is the index of each disk in the RAID) will tell
you whether the disk is active, failed, or spare.

After this, you can use

query:ei,md/md0

And determine the name of the object corresponding to "disk #", by looking for
the "child_object#" field.

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@us.ibm.com