List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Stale Spare Disk
From:       Joerg Sauer <joerg_sauer () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2004-06-24 11:56:33

> Could you please run evmsn -d everything, tab to "Storage Regions", if
> there is more than 1 region, highlight the problematic raid1 region,
> press enter to bring up the context menu.  If you don't see a "Fix",
> please send the zipped evms log file, /var/log/evms-engine.log, to me @
> mhtran@us.ibm.com

The Fix option is now available. What I did was add the spare object again
(btw, the previously faulty disk now seems to be working) and then check the
md region in evmsn after synchronization.

It looks like the Fix option only became available after the array wasn't in a
degraded state anymore.

I'll try to fix the array next time I have a chance to take the volumes
offline.

Thanks a lot,
Joerg