List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] EVMS raid monitoring
From:       Mike Tran <mhtran () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-04-27 15:18:40

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 09:51, Michael Hatton wrote:
> Is there any method within EVMS to monitor the status of a RAID array,
> or should I use mdadm?
> "mdadm --monitor --scan" returns
> "mdadm: ARRAY line /dev/evms/md/md2 has no identity information"
> and
> "mdadm --examine /dev/evms/md/md2" returns
> "mdadm: No super block found on /dev/evms/md/md2 (Expected magic
> a92b4efc, got 56007e00)"
>

> Thanks
>
> Michael

Hello Michael,

You can use mdadm in conjunction with EVMS.  Most mdadm functions should
work.  To examine the MD superblocks, you should specify the child(ren),
not the md device (e.g. mdadm --examine /dev/evms/.node/hdb1).

I have not try mdadm --monitor.  I will look into this function.

Thanks,
Mike T.