List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] Newbie questions
From:       Tod Hegstrom <t_hegstrom () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-16 14:57:22

I'm a newbie to almost everything these days it seems.  We're switching from \
MS-Windows servers to RH-Linux servers, so everything is new.
We're running Oracle database and much of the Oracle web suite of products as well.  \
In the windows world, besides taking tape backups I also (prior to patching) would \
take full drive images.  Now in the linux world I've come across EVMS, more \
specifically the subset (I beleive) LVM, that we would like to use to take a Snapshot \
and then run the journal for a while until we believe that whatever updates we've \
just installed aren't going to destroy our system.  If we have destruction, then we \
would use the journal to roll us back to the snapshot.  (At least that is how I think \
it works :-)
#1 - Does anybody run LVM on their systems with Oracle Db?  Any known issues?

#2 - Does anybody run LVM on their systems with the Oracle web suite?  Any know \
issues?
#3 - Does using LVM in this manner (Snapshot, Journal, roll-back) make sense?

Thx for any guidance!!!!