List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] [ evms-Support Requests-906972 ] On dual-Athlon, EVMS/N/GUI gets SEGV from pthread_crea
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-02-29 17:04:13

Support Requests item #906972, was opened at 2004-02-29 10:04
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=383343&aid=906972&group_id=25076

Category: User Interfaces
Group: Version 2.0

Initial Comment:
Has anyone else seen this:

If I install on one system I have (dual Athlons), EVMS,
EVMSN
and EVMSGUI get segmentation faults when starting up. I
 have tried with and without MD on the boot disk.  I am
using the 2.4.24-1 kernel.  If I comment out the
"pthread_create" in engine.c for the shutdown_thread,
the program(s) runs fine.       I am still wandering
thru the source code to find the purpose of
shutdown_thread, but in the meantime, I wanted to see
if others had ideas or past experiences.

The segmentation fault seems to occur in a thread
somewhere, since the main thread of the program gets into
do_discovery before the SEGV.  GDB traceback is all
screwed up, hence my difficulties in locating the exact
point of the core dump.

I have also tried disabling various plugins, which
makes no difference.

Hardware:
Dual 1600 Athlons
1GByte memory
Dual IDE drives
Two QLogic 2342 Fibre Channel Adaptors (four ports).
InforTrend RAID controllers with two 1.7TB logical disks