List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] [ evms-Feature Requests-907144 ] Documentation Request: Examples/Scenarios
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-02-29 22:05:47

Feature Requests item #907144, was opened at 2004-02-29 17:05
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=383345&aid=907144&group_id=25076

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
As I bang my head against the concepts and vocabulary,
I realize it would be *very* useful to have some
example/scenario documentation, as in "If I want A and
have B, this is how I do it".

For example (my current problem, but I would imagine
fairly common):
I am running (Gentoo) Linux.  I have two large
identical disks.  I want to have complete (mirrored)
redundancy, plus the ability to resize filesystems as
necessary.   I need, at a minimum, separate filesystems
for root, /boot, swap, /var, /usr, /home, and /opt.  I
would also like to use BBR and Snapshotting.  I would
like to find the "optimal" configuration that gives me
all of this, with the least performance impact.
Therefore, this process will get me there ....

I have pieced some of this together via googling, plus
a thorough reading of the EVMS site, but a set of (3 or
4?) examples like this, listed directly on the EVMS
site, would be very useful to inexperienced users.

Thank you,
matt@forsetti.com