List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Volumes "gone" after adding Spare to RAID-5
From:       Mike Tran <mhtran () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2004-02-23 20:43:22

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 14:27, Joerg Sauer wrote:
> On Monday 23 February 2004 21:11, Mike Tran wrote:
>
> > "dirty" means the md array is active/running.  When the array is stopped
> > (eg. shutdown), it will be marked "clean."  This flag is needed for the
> > kernel md driver to know when to resync the array such as *unclean*
> > shutdown.
>
> Thanks for confirming.
>
> > BTW, I am able to reproduce the problem here.  Sorry for the misbehave,
> > I will help you fix the array after reviewing the log file.
>
> Do you think it still needs fixing? At the moment, everything looks OK
> (without any kind of intervention from my side, it seems to have 'fixed
> itself'). Shall I send the (verbose) log that is created when I invoke 'evmsn
> -d everything' with the array in its current (apparently normal) state?
>
> Regards,
> Joerg

(Sorry I missed the previous email)

No, you don't have to do anything else.  When you "Fix-ed" the first
time, the MD array was fixed with correct info.  If you were to run
evmsn/evmsgui right after that, you would see your volumes back.

However, you have found a bug that we will need to fix right away.
Thank you for bringing up to our attention.

Regards,
Mike T.