List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Deleting snapshot: Device or ressource busy.
From:       Michel Bouissou <michel () bouissou ! net>
Date:       2003-11-29 18:31:03

Le Samedi 29 Novembre 2003 15:41, Kevin Corry a écrit :

> Have you been able to reproduce this problem? Can you provide any
> additional details? What filesystems are you using?

A command-line example (juste removed some blank lines to keep it short):

[root@totor etc]# evms
EVMS Command Line Interpreter Version 2.2.0
EVMS: create:volume,f_snap_home,name=snap_home
EVMS: quit

[root@totor etc]# mount -t ext3 -o loop,encryption=AES256 /home/me/somefile
/home/me/mountpoint
Password: *****

[root@totor etc]# evms
EVMS Command Line Interpreter Version 2.2.0
EVMS: revert:/dev/evms/snap_home
Engine: Volume "/dev/evms/snap_home" has the Ext2/3 file system on it.  The
file system will be removed along with the volume.
The following responses are available:
*1 = Continue
 2 = Cancel
The default choice is marked with an *.
Please enter the number corresponding to your choice: 1

Device or resource busy
EVMS: quit

[root@totor etc]# umount /home/me/mountpoint

[root@totor etc]# evms
EVMS Command Line Interpreter Version 2.2.0
EVMS: revert:/dev/evms/snap_home
Engine: Volume "/dev/evms/snap_home" has the Ext2/3 file system on it.  The
file system will be removed along with the volume.
The following responses are available:
*1 = Continue
 2 = Cancel
The default choice is marked with an *.
Please enter the number corresponding to your choice: 1
EVMS: quit

[root@totor etc]#

This shows EVMS refuses to revert the snapshot volume as long as the loopback
FS is mounted under the original volume, but accepts as soon as the loopback
FS is unmounted.

Another test shows me that if I mount the loopback FS BEFORE activating the
snapshot, I can activate the snapshot without any problem, but I cannot
revert it until the loopback FS is unmounted as well.

Hope this helps...

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E