List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] ogfs plugin??
From:       Luciano Chavez <lnx1138 () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-11-17 22:21:58

Kris,

The OpenGFS FSIM plug-in is still in early development. It was included
because it is in CVS but not setup yet in the build scripts. At the
moment it only provides recognition of OpenGFS external journals,
filesystem and cluster information device (CIDEV) so that EVMS doesn't
allow another filesystem to be created on those volumes when using one
of the UIs.

The plug-in will eventually be able to offer making an ogfs filesystem
and selecting the external journals, removing a filesystem and
associated journals and cidev, and expanding the filesystem.

At the moment, cluster configuration is not planned. That is,
configuring the nodes as dictated my the lock protocol.

It is expected to have most of these features before year-end.

If you follow the NoPool-HOWTO and EVMS-HOWTO documents provided by
OpenGFS, they should provide enough examples to get you started using
the OpenGFS command line tools to create the filesystem and external
logs and configure the cluster information (in the lock device/volume)
used by the memexp protocol.

If you have questions about details in those HOWTO's, please feel free
to ask for clarification here if you like.

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 15:09, Kris Efland wrote:
> Question...
>
> i noticed that under the plugin's dir theres an ogfs plugin which
> doesnt seem to be documented.  (configure --help, user guide, etc.)  I
> want to use ogfs for the fs and wondered if the ogfs plugin is the
> same as the jfs, xfs manager plugins?  Any other hoops that i need to
> jump through to get that available (its not) for a build?  Should i
> get the ogfs and memexp modules running and then configure/install?
> or is this feature (not yet/no longer) supported as per the
> documentation?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kris

regards,