List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_[Evms-devel]_Cannot_see_evms_volume?=
From:       pierre.gentile () mpsa ! com
Date:       2003-10-27 16:32:08

That's it :-)

Thank you very much !
                    ////
                   (o o)
===============oOO==(_)==OOo=============
  Pierre Gentile - PSA BE - ETSO/SRVA
  Tél : 03 84 46 96 82
  Fax : 03 84 46 97 58

On Saturday 25 October 2003 13:43, pierre.gentile@mpsa.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> We're using a 2.4.22 kernel on a Compaq proliant DL380G2 with evms +
> device-mapper + UML skas3 patchs and it cannot see any existing evms
> volume. An old 2.4.18 kernel with the same evms version (2.1.1) but
without
> dm is able to see them.

Ummm....do you mean evms 1.2.1 on a 2.4.18 kernel? There's no way to run
EVMS
2.x on 2.4.18 or earlier kernels (or at least I've never gotten it to
work),
and EVMS 2.x requires Device-Mapper.

> Any idea ?
> Is there an issue with the cciss layer and device-mapper/evms ?

The cciss drives probably don't show up as /dev/sd*. You'll probably need
edit your /etc/evms.conf file, and add an entry in the legacy_devices
section
to specify the names of the drives you want EVMS to recognize. Something
like
this:

legacy_devices {
             directories = [ cciss ]