List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] EVMS 2.1.1 / RAID-1 / Snapshots ?
From:       Michel Bouissou <michel () bouissou ! net>
Date:       2003-10-22 6:05:15

Le Mardi 21 Octobre 2003 21:46, Kevin Corry a écrit :

> > Would EVMS 1.2.1 support the same kind of LVM setup, so I might first
> > change my disks structure before upgrading my Linux distro and EVMS
> > alltogether ?
>
> Yes, EVMS 1.2.1 will support the same setup I've described above.

Hmmm... For using LVM with EVMS 1.2.1, I need to compile into my kernel "EVMS
Linux LVM package", and *NOT* the kernel's vanilla LVM support, as for MD,
right ?

If I change my system setup using LVM and RAID-1 with EVMS 1.2.1, will then
the upgrade to EVMS 2.x be smooth ? Will everything be compatible ?

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E