List:       evms-devel
Subject:    re[2]: [Evms-devel] Re: re[2]: [ogfs-dev]EVMS/OGFS/CM ?
From:       Greg Freemyer <freemyer () NorcrossGroup ! com>
Date:       2003-04-21 18:10:20

 >>  > Don't get me wrong - I agree it would be MUCH better if everything
 >>  > shared the same cluster infrastructure, and that only one entity held
 >>  > the keys to the STO[MN]ITH.  AFAIK, that's the eventual goal.  Will it
 >>  > matter for testing and early integration?  It shouldn't.  But it should
 >>  > get fixed eventually.  It shouldn't ship to customers this way, or to
 >>  > anyone expecting high availability.
 >>  >
 >>  > We just have to teach memexp to get membership events from an external
 >>  > (plugin) source for the short term.
 >>  Correct. I think we all agree that all the cluster aware components
 >>  should have to same idea of membership and quorum.

 >>  So how do you want to fix this and when?
 >>  Either OGFS hooks on the heartbeat's CCM
 >>  or
 >>  EVMS Hooks on to OGFS's membership service.

 >>  Again this is a short term solution. It not just OGFS and EVMS that
 >>  need to integrate. Distributed apps like Oracle etc will also have to work
 >>  with this solution stack. So eventually it all should fall under the same
 >>  Cluster Manager framework with well defined APIs !

 >>  --
 >>  Ram Pai

Ram,

I would like to see the heartbeat CCM as the source of membership events, but
Dominik is the most knowledgeable about the current ogfs clustering logic and he
will have to let us know how feasible that is.

I have cc'ed him with this response because his mailing list mail is being delayed by days currently.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer