List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Ok to resize XFS Volume with EVMS , loop AES256 crypted ?
From:       Kevin Corry <corryk () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-04-10 18:37:34

On Thursday 10 April 2003 13:24, Christophe Zwecker wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Corry <corryk@us.ibm.com>:
> > First, what kind of volume is this? Is it a simple disk
> > partition/segment, or
> >
> > are you using the MD or LVM plugins? Certain plugins in EVMS may have
> > issues
>
> its a Partition on a RAID5 (sda6) I use the lvm plugins.

Can you describe your volume setup a little more? Since you are using the LVM
plugin, your choices for how to expand the volume are a little more limited.
Perhaps you can send in the output from "evms_gather_info"?

Do you have:

Hardware RAID-5 --> disk segment (sda6) --> LVM container --> LVM region

or some other configuration?

> > If this is correct, then AES256 needs the ability to expand itself after
> > the EVMS volume is exanded.  Since we are not very familiar with
> > encryption, you should post this question to the loop-aes developers.
>
> yes I did, seems to be no problem, my only concern was the expansion of the
> evms volume, I wouldnt wanto have it crash all of the sudden, I just
> expanded my rootfs from 32 to 34 gb, no problem, with xfs expanding on the
> fly is great.
>
> however I will take to time (puh) to backup 380 gb of my data.. :(

Backups are always a Good Idea. :)

--
Kevin Corry
corryk@us.ibm.com