List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] evmsn not installing
From:       Matt Zimmerman <mdz () debian ! org>
Date:       2003-03-24 5:03:30

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 10:56:49PM -0600, John wrote:

>   I did install the debian glib2.0 package (libglib2.0) and went through
>   the ./configure phase again and saw that it was complaining about glib
>   again.  I did investigate this a bit and it seems that debian has droped
>   glib-config infavor of pkgconfig (this 411 is found in
>   /usr/share/doc/libglib2.0-0/NEWS.gz).  I guess I will compile the older
>   ui for the time being, but I would rather test the newer code.

This is not a correct assessment.  You simply installed the wrong package.
For one, I believe evmsn needs version 1.2 (not 2.0), and secondly,
libglib2.0-0 is the runtime library only (it does not contain files
necessary for development).

The package you want is libglib1.2-dev.  However, if you have libgtk1.2-dev
installed (as you would need to in order to build evmsgui), you already have
it.

--
 - mdz