List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Re: [Linux-ha-dev] ccm tests
From:       Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb () suse ! de>
Date:       2003-02-28 13:20:08

On 2003-02-26T21:39:49,
   Ram Pai <linuxram@us.ibm.com> said:

> > If the CRM wanted to trigger EVMS recovery and wait for it to complete,
> > would it have to be triggered on all nodes or just one? Do you offer some
> > blocking call like "int evms_do_recover()", returning success or failure?
>
> It should be on all nodes.  yes we do have a recovery entry point.
>
> But would'nt it help if evms registers a recovery function with CRM, so that
> CRM can call it when evms has to recover?
>
> So when the function returns, it implies that our recovery is done.

Yup, that's what I meant to have. I was just asking whether that function
would need to be called on all nodes or whether one node would act as a proxy
for all EVMS recovery. Ok, calling it on all nodes should be doable, too.

> Did your CRM paper proposal get accepted for OLS?

I didn't submit a full paper, because the schedules were too tight for me this
year; I'd have had to have the full paper ready too early, my work doesn't
allow for that. I hope I can still make it to OLS, though, and think a BOF or
WIP session would be appropriate by then.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Principal Squirrel
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur