List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Re: Reason Codes
From:       "Steve Dobbelstein" <steved () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-02-14 14:54:14

Christian Johansson wrote:
> Hi, here is the log from "/mnt3/bin/evms -d everything".
>
> (See attached file: evmsEngine.log)
>
> It seems to me that the engine can't find it's plugins.
>
> I've created a ramfs and mounted it under /mnt3. Because Anaconda mounts
> the RH-CD under /usr,
> creating /usr/local is not possible.
> The evmslibs are put under /mnt3/lib and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is expanded
> this location.
> Evms-plugins are put  under /mnt3/lib/evms.

Christian,

When the Engine (libevms.so) is built it picks up the location of the
plug-ins from the make.rules which is generated by ./configure.  The
plug-ins are installed in $(prefix)/lib/evms.  Therefore a particular
Engine has the location of the plug-ins "hard coded" within the binary.

My guess is that you built the Engine without specifying a "prefix". The
default for $(prefix) is /usr/local.  The plug-ins went into
/usr/local/lib/evms, and the Engine will look for them there.

What you can do is run "./configure --prefix=/mnt3" and then rebuild the
Engine -- "cd engine/Engine" "make clean all".  The new libevms.so will
then look for the plug-ins in /mnt3/lib/evms.  Copy the libevms.so to your
ramfs and see if it finds the plug-ins in their new location.

Steve D.