List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] patch for ext3 for lvm
From:       Kevin Corry <corry () ecn ! purdue ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-31 15:09:01

> All,
> I've gotten evms working with reiserfs and
> jfs.  Jfs seems to work best.
>
> Now I'd like to offer the possibility of
> ext3 resizing on the fly.  Where do I
> get the kernel patch for this?  Is this
> the patch on sistina's website?
>
> thanks in advance,
> dereck

Hi Dereck,

I'm not really sure what the status is for ext3 online resize. Ted Tso
maintains the regular ext2/3 tools at http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net/,
but I don't believe they contains online resize capabilities. I believe
Andreas Dilger has been working on online resize for ext2/3, but I'm not
really sure what the status is. Check out http://ext2resize.sourceforge.net/
for some basic info, or search through the lkml archives at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel.

Kevin Corry