List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] UPDATE: EVMS v1.2.0 + XFS 1.2: RAID5: always unclean after proper shutdown (Debian 3.0)
From:       "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe+evms-devel () RWTH-Aachen ! DE>
Date:       2002-12-19 11:32:16

Hi there,

here's further info that might help you recognizing what's going wrong:

When I shutdown the machine I see this error messages:

===============================
Sending all processes the KILL signal... EVMS: MD core: recovery thread got
woken up ...
EVMS: md core: recovery thread finished ...
done.
[...]
Deactivating swap... Done.
Unmounting local filesystems... Done.
EVMS: stopping all EVMS-controlled volumes.
EVMS: error(-16) hard-deleting root.
Flushing IDE devices /dev/hda, /dev/hdc
Power down.

BTW, I'm running the "testing" Debian package compiled on a "stable" system.

Hints anyone?

Thanks,

Ralf

--