List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] problem with df
From:       "Steve Pratt" <slpratt () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-12-16 15:34:54

dereck wrote:
>Hi All,
>again I need to know if I'm doing something
>wrong.  Managed to get the system going with
>evms.  To simplify setup, I created only one
>partition with reiserfs after everything was
>going.  Then I recompiled with evms, rebooted,
>and installed the evms engine.  The evms
>gui sees all partitions, including the last
>one /dev/sda8 which is the reiserfs partition,
>and the setup sees it as /dev/evms/sda8.

>Ok, at this point is there any other setup
>necessary?  Any steps I'm skipping?  I'm
>using LABELS in fstab.

Ok, to use labels you either need the EVMS patched version of
util-linux  2.11t I think.  You can check whether or you have
done this correctly by checking the output from "mount"  You
should see /dev/evms/sda8 NOT /dev/sda8.

If you see /dev/sda8 than you have not mounted the EVMS volume
and resizing using EVMS can cause problem.

>I'm able to expand the reiserfs filesystem,
>and the adjustment is successful.  If
>I do the fdisk /dev/sda the new size of
>the filesystem is displayed.  The evms
>seems to do its job fine.

>However, df or df -al *always* shows the
>original filesystem size.

Please see above.

>Anything I can do to synchronize the evms
>with df command?

If the resize really took place, there should be nothing extra to do for
df.

Steve