List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] expand / shrink question
From:       Frank Lenaerts <lenaerts.frank () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-10-21 19:11:02

on Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:17:09PM -0500, Kevin Corry wrote about Re: [Evms-devel] \
expand / shrink question:
> I would, however, recommend creating a partition on each disk that spans the
> whole disk, especially if you are going to use the LVM plugin on top of the
> MD plugin. This will ensure that you leave room on the disk's MBR for your
> boot-loader (if you are going to be booting from one of those
> disks).

Yes, that is the intention. Just need to find out if grub supports
booting from RAID1 devices (lilo seems to do so, at least with a
patch).

--
lenaerts.frank@pandora.be

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer