List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] evms & 2.5.
From:       Kevin Corry <corryk () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-09-24 12:47:11

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 05:15, svetljo wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> one more question
>
> >>EVMS uses its own kernel driver, and does not depend on the LVM kernel
> >> driver.
>
> does this apply to the md and esspecialy riad-0 driver,
> because i use lvm over raid-0, and i think the raid-0 code in 2.5 is still
> brocken (raid-0 request spliter needed)
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=101825408509865&w=2
>
> svetljo

EVMS has its own plugin for MD/Software-RAID as well, just like for LVM.
However, I don't think the MD plugin has request splitting enabled yet. We
have enabled request splitting in the LVM, Snapshot, and DriveLinking
plugins, and will be working on MD soon. Request splitting is fairly simple,
so I would imagine it won't take too long.

-Kevin