List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Open engine failed, rc 22
From:       "Mark Peloquin" <peloquin () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-08-22 22:38:18

On Mon, Aug. 19, Kristian H=F8gh wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, I applied the patch from Kevin. The kernel is
> compiling....
> Unfortunately, it sounds like it won't help :-(

I got a patch for you try out. This patch is to be applied
to your arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c from your
arch/sparc64/kernel directly. Rebuilt your kernel and
give it a go, and report back pls.

> What is the state of EVMS on other arch's? S/390, HPPA (PA-RISC), ...=

We tested S/390 and know we work well there. We've not received
complaints on PA-Risc, so I *think* we're ok. But if this works
OK on sparc64, we can probably make this fix once and it can
work for any other archs that need to convert userland ioctls
from 32bits to 64bits.

Mark

(See attached file: sparc64-ioctl32.c.patch)

=

["=?iso-8859-1?Q?sparc64-ioctl32.c.patch?=" (application/octet-stream)]