List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] EVMS inclusion in Debian GNU/Linux
From:       Matt Zimmerman <mdz () debian ! org>
Date:       2002-07-20 1:43:14

I am pleased to announce the release of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody).  After
a long and grueling freeze, it is officially blessed as the current stable
release.

Debian 3.0 includes, along with many other new and updated packages, a full
suite of official EVMS packages.  As far as I know, Debian is the first
Linux distribution to include EVMS in an official release.

Due to the long freeze, the EVMS packages are from the EVMS 1.0.0
distribution, which was the newest available at the start of the freeze.  Of
course, I will be continuing to maintain updated packages for current and
future EVMS releases for the foreseeable future, so Debian users will always
have immediate, easy access to the latest stable code from the EVMS team.

Cheers,

--
 - mdz