List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] Install Success and questions
From:       Kevin Corry <corryk () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-04-04 14:32:49

Hi Jon,

On Thursday 04 April 2002 08:13, SyvertsonJ wrote:
> Kevin,
> I think I understand the concepts being explained for lilo setup but I am
> only used to the grub boot loader as my main experience is with caldera
> linux and redhats 7.2 linux.
>
> Can you do / /boot and also  swap?

Having / and swap on EVMS volumes should be no problem. If you are using
Grub, you can have /boot on a disk partition that is managed by EVMS, but you
won't be able to add any other volume features to that partition. Check out a
discussion from earlier this week about EVMS and Grub at:

> Ok, the BBR makes more sense now as it seemed a little restrictive to allow
> BBR on a disk and then not be able to use the object for use in creating a
> volume.  You just have to use  the feathure on the region managers and then
> it all fits.

You can use BBR objects as input to other EVMS features. For instance, if you
have three disks, you could put BBR on each of the disks, and then use
DriveLinking to link all the BBR objects into a single object, and then make
that a volume. This was a popular configuration under OS/2.

-Kevin