List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] EVMS Status Review
From:       Kevin Corry <corryk () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 13:28:33

Hi Stuart,

I believe the answers to most of your questions below are still about the
same as they were before (If you didn't get my reply to your last email, let
me know and I will send it to you again).

As for when EVMS will be included in the Linux kernel: We submitted EVMS for
inclusion during the 2.5.1-preX series, but it has not been included yet (as
of 2.5.2-pre5). There was a note in the 2.5.1 changelog from Linus saying he
only wanted bug fixes while they were finishing up the bio changes, so we
will probably resubmit when 2.5.2 comes out. As for when it will actually be
accepted, you will probably have to ask Linus. :)  Obviously the sooner it
is, the happier we'll be.

I believe we have talked with some folks at RedHat, but I don't think we know
specifically if/when they are planning on including EVMS in their distro.
Someone mentioned a while back that EVMS is already in their Rawhide release,
which I believe is their experimental release. So perhaps that is an
indication of things to come in the future.

-Kevin