List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] Code monkeys make evmsgui enhancements
From:       Luciano Chavez <lnx1138 () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-11-12 15:49:30

Looks like those monkeys I bought to whack away on my T21 when I'm
asleep have produced some fixes to a couple of annonyances folks have
had with the GUI. They diligently checked in their changes to CVS last
night.

Changes to the main views:

1. The views get refreshed with deltas rather than rebuilt. This means
expanded trees stay expanded, etc.
2. The Feature Object view is now the Available Objects view where you
can find objects that can be stacked or made into volumes. Apperently
one of the monkeys took Mark's suggestion seriously.
3. The Segment view has changed to allow seeing nested segments.
4. The Disk view has changed to show parent objects using the disk.
5. The view does not get switched after completing an operation. It used
to switch to the view where the resulting object would show up.
6. The Container view will show objects for any plugin type that
supports containers not just region managers.

Option handling changes:

The update button for text entry fields is now gone! An
evms_set_option_value_by_name() is fired off when the text entry loses
focus and the contents have changed. You can still press Enter in the
text field to communicate the value to the plugin immediately if you
still prefer.

If this is the last required text entry and it has changed, the button
allowing completion of the operation is ungreyed.

Your feedback on evmsgui is welcome and anything to keep those GUI
monkeys productive at night is worth the bananas I feed them.

--
regards,

Luciano Chavez
"Chief EVMS GUI Code Monkey"