List:       evms-devel
Subject:    Re: [Evms-devel] rpm spec files
From:       "Steve Dobbelstein" <steved () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-10-09 8:05:14

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 08:51:37PM -0500, Kevin Corry wrote:
> >
> > Wow. That is awesome! I will have a look at these when I get back on
> > Wednesday, and see what I can do to get an rpm included in our next
release,
> > which will hopefully be out very soon.
>
> Great. Putting the spec in the top level directory is the most convenient
> because then you can run 'rpm -tb evms-0.2.5.tar.gz' (for example), but
that's
> not a requirement.
>
> I've attached an updated version, which should build CVS source (runs
autoconf
> before configure) and actually creates the libevms.so symlink this time.
>
> -Hollis

Let me add my thanks, too!  We appreciate your involvement, especially in
areas where we have yet to learn, e.g., making rpms.  I'm looking over your
.spec file to try an understand how rpms are made.  Maybe with a few tweaks
we can do as Luciano suggested and get it automated into the Engine build
process.

Thanks again.

Steve Dobbelstein

#### evms.spec has been removed from this note on October 09 2001 by Steve
Dobbelstein