List:       evms-devel
Subject:    [Evms-devel] I/O bug-fix
From:       "Kevin M Corry" <corryk () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-05-22 17:19:56

Greetings,

We recently discovered a bug in the EVMS I/O path that was affecting the
use of snapshots (both EVMS and Linux-LVM-compatible). This bug caused
intermittent hangs when performing moderate to heavy I/O loads on
snapshotted volumes. A fix for this bug has now been written, and is
available in the CVS tree at http://www.sf.net/projects/evms/. If you are
using or testing snapshots in the EVMS software, please update to the
latest release in CVS to avoid these hangs. A new release (0.1.1) with this
fix will probably be made available within a couple of days.

Thanks
The EVMS Team