List:       evlog-developers
Subject:    [evlog-dev] Swing log analysis app - similar to evlview
From:       "Scott Deboy" <sdeboy () comotivsystems ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 7:34:23

Hi Evlog folks,

I thought I'd send a message letting you know about a Swing app we (the log4j team at \
Apache) have been working on, called Chainsaw V2.

Chainsaw V2 provides support for arbitrarily complex expressions used to  colorize, \
filter and find events (supports regular expressions, a number of operators, \
expression grouping using parens and more).

To analyze text files, define a 'LogFilePatternReceiver' and specify the pattern in \
the text file.

Here is a link to Chainsaw's page, providing a screen shot, a Web Start link for \
trying the application, and an ant script for pulling the sources from CVS and \
building.

For those who have a Java/Swing environment available, I hope you find this useful.  \
If you have questions, feel free to email me at sdeboy@apache.org

Take care,
Scott